National Community Ed. Day is celebrated in Minnesota and nationwide on the second Thursday of November each year.
Below are some ways in which you can celebrate/recognize National Community Ed. Day in your district. If you have a unique way you celebrate community ed. in your district, please let us know.
- Send thank-you notes signed by your Director/Manager/Coordinator to instructors and community partners (via social media);
- Send a link to your website where folks can share their story about an class experience with your C.E. program;
- Offer a 10% – 15% discount on registrations that are taken that day;
- Provide treats in the staff lounge that day as a way of saying “thank you” to district staff for their support throughout the year;
- Host an open house during the day with your Community Ed. Advisory Council (noon lunch) with coffee, cookies and conversation, invite and/or report to the the School Board and City Council members;
- Offer a free pickleball class or free exercise class for that day;
- Offer prizes on your Com. Ed. Facebook page such as –
Show & Tell in honor of National Community Ed. Day – Win a $25 gift certificate to Com. Ed. by doing the following:
1. Like our page
2. Share this post
3. Name or post a photo of your favorite Com. Ed. Experience
- Beginning on November 4th, current members of the Activity Centers can bring a friend with them to work out for FREE! Offer is good until November 10th.
FREE Open Swim for you and your family will be available on November 7th from 4:30-6:00pm
Parents of children in School Age Care will automatically be entered into a contest to win a FREE day of SAC childcare. One winner will be chosen at each elementary school.
Anyone who registers for a youth enrichment or adult enrichment class on November 8th will receive $5.00 off their class registration fee. Registration must be done by phone between 7:30 – 4:30pm. Good for any fall enrichment class.
- Use the day to educate your community (and your district staff) about all we do and thank your customers and staff for their participation and support.
Westonka got creative with an M & M theme in 2022:
Bemidji put your name in a drawing if you registered for a class on C.E. Day in 2022:
Here’s an idea that Sauk Rapids did in 2021 – given to the office of each building, district-wide and to the school board & advisory council: (Credit to Julie Mrozek for the theme)
And here’s what Forest Lake did in 2021:
Check out the creative theme below that North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale did in 2018:
Here’s another great idea from Luverne (via Pinterest):
And here’s one that Sauk Rapids did in 2019 (Check out Sauk Rapids-Rice full CE Day plan here)!