Behavior Guidance 101
Presented by Emily Holder
Children who attend our school-age care programs bring their whole selves to our spaces. They bring their excitement and joy, fear and worry–and along with their feelings come behaviors. Sometimes kids can manage themselves and regulate their own behaviors. But when they can’t they need our help. This session will cover the “basics” of understanding our behavior guidance role in school-age care.
· The goal of behavior guidance
· Your behavior guidance “style” and why it matters
· What drives behavior?
· The #1 skill kids need us to practice
· Group management
· Consequences (vs. punishment)
· How activities and environments impact behaviors
· Techniques and tips to use in typical situations
Designed with entry-level staff in mind.
Refresher/review for experienced staff.
April 19, 2023
Noon – 2:00 pm via Zoom (link will be sent out the morning of the workshop)
$49 (sorry – CEUs not included)