Category: Site Supervisor
Job Title: Site Supervisor, Kid Connection, Farmington Community Education
Coordinate year-round, day-to-day, out-of-school time and preschool activities at the site level including Kid Connection, Enrichment, and Stepping Stones and Targeted Services as assigned. Provide continued evaluation and daily management of Kid Connection programs according to School Age Care Best Practices and current accreditation guidelines.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to:
· Cultivate, support, and expand partnerships between school, families, and community to best support all learners.
· Foster pro-social behavior through planned curriculum, role modeling, and positive group dynamics.
· Provide leadership in the development of environment, implementation of curriculum and daily schedule that allows children to assume responsibility for successful peer interactions and choices.
· With the Assistance and Support of the Site Supervisors and Program Coordinator, Manage and Maintain Professional Development Initiatives for the Kid Connection Program.
· Maintain proper Site Records in compliance to CCAP laws and mandates, policies and procedures.
· Collaborate with building principal, Tiger Academy Coordinator and support staff.
· In an ongoing effort for program quality and improvement, lead accreditation process; maintain and meet all criteria based on current accreditation standards; carry out OST program philosophy, policies and procedures.
· Assist with scheduling and promotion of Youth Enrichment activities, including content and instruction assessment, selection, assigning meeting space, and acting as contact for instructors.
· Design and maintain programming that meets the interests and developmental needs of each child.
· Hire, supervise, direct and evaluate the performance of Kid Connection & Stepping Stones program staff and volunteers
· Set goals with individual staff persons. Establish site goals and program initiatives on an annual basis.
· Provide on-site new employee orientation and training.
· Assign tasks and responsibilities to site staff and volunteers to maintain and achieve program philosophy and goals.
· With the assistance of the Coordinator, implement performance improvement plans with individual staff if needed.
· Ensure that all staff use appropriate child guidance techniques.
· Ensure that all Kid Connection & Stepping Stones materials and equipment are used appropriately and are well maintained.
· Create a team atmosphere through effective communication, regular site staff meetings, and ongoing coaching and mentoring
· Oversee and maintain Kid Connection & Stepping Stones site web pages, with the assistance of the CE Marketing specialist.
· Oversee Kid Connection & Stepping Stones site budget and approve purchases based on budget guidelines.
· Maintain staff development records based on identified needs of staff and program improvement goals.
· Promote a positive image of the program by maintaining the open and positive communication between site, school staff, parents and community.
· Work with Program Secretary to enroll and orient new and existing families into program. Learn special and individual needs of all site children through the use of enrollment questionnaires and IEPs, provided.
· Participate with the Program Coordinator in an ongoing self-performance review.
· Initiate and maintain accurate attendance records, permission forms, and any other business forms as needed.
· Work with Program Coordinator to develop appropriate staffing patterns that follow staff to child ratio guidelines.
· Participate in school/district committees, per request.
· Oversee process of assigning substitutes for Kid Connection & Stepping Stones. Serve as an emergency substitute if no other suitable substitute can be found.
· Manage employee TrueTIme.
· Follow the established child nutrition procedures, i.e. snack counts, sanitation procedures, etc.
· Submit to Program Coordinator requests for vendor and warehouse purchases for approval.
· Ensure that all offered activities meet the needs of every child’s styles, abilities, and interests within the program.
· Ensure that activities are age appropriate and reflect the age range of the children in the program.
· Approve prepared informative monthly Parent Newsletters following Kid Connection & Stepping Stones guidelines.
· Work collaboratively with building and grounds and custodians to develop and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children by following district and accreditation health and safety guidelines, standards and procedure.
· Other tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Program Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with differing ability to perform the essential functions.
– BA/BS in related field (Education, Psychology, Child Development, Recreation, etc.)
– Experience working with children ages 3-12
– Current First Aid/CPR Certification (Must be completed within 90 days of employment)
– Demonstrated knowledge of Child Development. Understanding of K-12 Academic Standards preferred
– Knowledge and understanding of MAAP and NAEYC accreditation quality standards
– Experience planning and implementing activities for a variety of ages/developmental levels
– High degree of professionalism and flexibility
– Able to ensure an inclusive environment for all students, staff and families
– Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with all staff, families and students
– Able to provide direction and guidance to staff positively and professionally. Supervisory experience preferred.
– Proficient in technology as it relates to programming.
– Ability to learn and adapt to changes in technology programs.
– Maintains a personal program of professional development in compliance with current accreditation standards for quality.
Physically capable of meeting all performance responsibilities required with students, including moderate standing, walking, stooping, bending and kneeling. Presenting information to students and lifting up to 30 pounds and up to a 40 pound child.
To Apply: click HERE
Contact Name: Deb McKenzie
Contact Phone: 651-460-3200