Four Star Express Kidstop Instructor (Basswood 6 hours or more per day with 30 minute unpaid lunch)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Job summary: To be responsible for planning, supervising, and leading activities for Four Star Express (4 year old) children while working with and collaborating with a morning instructor. To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Develop ongoing program. Gather input from parents, staff, and children to use in planning.
- Greet parents and children.
- Work with and support all children in the program.
- Implement and participate in the Four Star Express program that meets the social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of the children.
- Promote effective use of time, materials, and standards for student discipline.
- In cooperation with Program Manager, maintain the continual well being of the children in the program. This includes individual child conferences as needed with parents and staff.
- Develop and implement a written plan of program activities on a regular basis.
- Participate in all children’s activities; leads small group activities.
- Maintain an attractive, safe, and functional room environment; includes bulletin boards, lockers/closets, and supervising clean-up time. Assist in the planning and purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-service workshops, Four Star Express sponsored events, and parent advisory meetings to maintain effective communication between the program and parents.
- Keep child related/program related records, such as attendance, programs, schedules, and others as determined by the Program Manager.
- Be knowledgeable of the overall philosophy of Four Star Express and the policies and procedures of the individual program.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age, but 21 years of age is preferred at the time of employment.
- Must have two years of credit towards a bachelor’s degree and 2,080 hours of direct work experience in a preschool kindergarten readiness setting for children eligible for kindergarten the following school year.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree, and 1,040 hours of direct work experience in a preschool kindergarten readiness setting for children eligible for kindergarten the following school year.
- Experience must include assessing children’s cognitive skills with a child assessment instrument when the child enters the program and when a child leaves the program.
- Current First Aid and CPR training or within 90 days of employment.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Planning and implementing early childhood instructional content, through hands-on learning lab instruction and play that enhances the child’s skills in literacy, math, science, social, music and technology.
Salary: Please see page four of the collective bargaining agreement for Kidstop Instructors.
Hours: 6 or more hrs/day; 5 days/week (8:15am-4:15pm)
Job Type: Full-time, School Year
Bargaining Unit: Kidstop Instructors
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Jean Johnson May 23rd, 2023
Posted In: Career Opportunities