FAIRMONT AREA SCHOOLS is seeking a full-time CER Director, effective for the 2021-22 school year. The Director must hold Minnesota Administrative Licensure as Community Education Director through the Minnesota Department of Education or must obtain licensure by June 30, 2022. Comprehensive benefit package available. Salary negotiable, but no less than $60,000. Job description attached. Position open until filled. Apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/fairmont/onlineapp/.
Director of Community Education and Recreation
The Director of Community Education and Recreation shall develop, coordinate and
supervise overall operation and staff of the Fairmont Community Education and Recreation
Program. The Director shall be responsible for the administration of a comprehensive
educational, recreational and community service program utilizing school-community
cooperation. Strengthening Community through fostering Cooperation, Collaboration,
Networking and Partnerships to benefit the citizens of the area is an important facet of the
The Director of Community Education and Recreation shall be directly responsible
to the Superintendent of Schools and shall perform such tasks as deemed necessary for an
effective and comprehensive CER Program.
The Director shall possess a minimum of a four-year baccalaureate degree in community
education, education, or related field. Background experience essential to implementing and
maintaining a successful CER program is recommended. Excellent communication, problem
solving, decision making, fiscal management, time management, organizational skills and
community leadership experience. Grant writing experience also recommended.
The Director must hold Minnesota Administrative Licensure as Community Education
Director through the Minnesota Department of Education Personnel Licensing Section or must
obtain licensure by June 30, 2022.
• Promote positive public relations and excellent customer service with all populations in the
• Direct the overall process of community education and recreation development
• Responsible for the administration of a comprehensive community services program
• Organize and facilitate a representative Citizens Advisory Council on Community
Services as required by state legislation (MS s 121.86)
• Promote maximum, efficient and respectful use of city and school facilities, equipment and
• Continually strive to follow a policy to reduce and/or eliminate program duplication.
• Serve as CER representative or liaison to community, city, school, county, state and other
community entities for the purpose of cooperation, collaboration, community engagement
and networking to share program ideas, build partnerships and improve program services.
• Monitor the administration and community services funding of the Community Education
and Recreation Program to ensure compliance with established school policy, state
guidelines and legislation.
• Submit annual state reports as required by Minnesota Department of Education.
• Establish offerings and service for all ages in educational, recreational, service and
enrichment opportunities including recruitment and hiring of appropriate staff.
• Identify the availability of public and private funding resources including grants and review
eligibility guidelines as well as potential collaborations to consider.