DIRECTOR, COMMUNITY EDUCATION JobID: 1368
Position Type: Administration
Date Posted: 6/22/2022
Location: District Wide
Date Available: 08/15/2022
Closing Date: 07/11/2022
1. Appropriate licensure for community education.
2. Demonstrated aptitude for performance of tasks listed.
3. Ability to work with the community and district.
4. Proficiency with applicable technology tools
5. Able to lift 50 pounds.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
JOB GOAL: Responsible for coordinating and directing all community education courses, offerings and
1. Develop and evaluate programs for educational and recreational services for the school district, reviewing and
evaluating advisory committees and citizen’s requests for new programs and determining registration and resources
necessary for implementation.
2. Organizing community advisory councils.
3. Develop the annual departmental budget, allocate expenses within the approved budget and monitor program costs.
4. Recruit, select and supervise community education course instructors for classes selected by the Community
Education Advisory Council.
5. Responsible for the community education programs such as Early Childhood Family Education, Child Care, Pool
operations, youth and adult recreation and adult and youth enrichment classes.
6. Responsible for the implementation of the Facility Use Policy.
7. Responsible for the gathering, analysis and interpretation of data about the district’s demographics.
8. Oversee the establishment of fees for each community education program.
9. Serve as liaison between county and school district on existing collaborative agreements.
10. Serve as a member of the Administrative Team, be responsible for conveying community beliefs, values and
changing social conditions to the Team.
11. Negotiate all contracts for Community Education employees not in bargaining units and make recommendations to
the Board of Education concerning pay rates and salaries.
12. Responsible for supporting effective two-way communications between school and community.
13. Attend workshops, meetings or seminars relevant to job career growth development.
14. Maintain confidentiality as per mandated data privacy laws.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s
policy on evaluation of personnel.