COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM COORDINATOR JobID: 1059
Position Type: Support Staff
Date Posted: 7/6/2021
Location: Wildcat Community Center
Date Available: ASAP
Closing Date: 08/06/2021
CLASSIFICATIONS: Community Education Full-time
1. Ability to supervise staff.
2. Experience in program administration.
3. Bachelor’s degree in education, youth development, recreation or related
field OR equivalent combination of education and career experience.
4. Ability to adapt and fulfill job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely, both written and
6. Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and
8. Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate financial data.
9. Ability to work with other school personnel when implementing programs.
10. Ability to cooperatively work with outside agencies in setting up
11. Experience utilizing Eleyo preferred.
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Education
JOB PURPOSE: The Community Education Program Coordinator will be responsible for all
youth and adult programming for Community Education, including Kids Club, and after school
recreation and enrichment programs, and adult recreation and enrichment programs, and other
youth or adult program opportunities during the school year and summer months as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. This position will require a willingness to be flexible regarding the daily
work schedule when needed and appropriate.
2. Manage overall program operations and goals.
3. Oversees Kids Club registration process to ensure appropriate staffing.
4. Oversees Kids Club billing
5. Develop, plan, organize and schedule recreation and enrichment
programs for adults and youth.
6. Monitor, implement and coordinate special events.
7. Hires, schedules, and provides direction for program specific staff.
8. Plan and facilitate staff meetings and professional development for staff.
9. Supervise and coordinate a safe, positive environment which meets the
social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of participants.
10. Ensure effective communication and marketing of program areas
11. Create and monitor annual budgets to successfully implement
12. Work collaboratively with district staff and community agencies to
maximize opportunities for students, staff and program participants.
13. Attend Community Education staff meetings.
14. Attend CEAC (Community Education Advisory Council) meetings as
15. Perform other services as directed by the Director