Community Education Program Director
8 hours per day / 260 days per year
Beginning Date: July 1, 2019
The Community Education Program Director is responsible for creation, implementation, scheduling, supervisor and marketing of youth and/or adult & senior academic, enrichment and recreation activities. The director recruits instructors, presenters and volunteers for classes. This position is responsible to provide outreach and integration in to the community and with district staff.
1. Develop academic/enrichment/recreation programs to meet the needs and requests of the youth and/or adults in the school district and surrounding area. Determine which programs are successful and which areas of study are in need of growth in the current program offerings.
2. Maintain registration website by inputting and removing classes as appropriate. Monitors registration for events to ensure adequate enrolled participation to substantiate class, dropping classes when economically appropriate. Assists with walk-in and call-in registrations as needed and takes participant calls for additional information or questions.
3. Recruit and supervise instructors to teach offered programs. Negotiate pay and class dates/times that will work for the program.
4. Provide leadership and guidance to program staff, instructors and volunteers. Acts as the liaison person between the district and the local community group.
5. Collaborate with surrounding Community Education programs to co-sponsor youth enrichment classes. Determine the number and types of classes that will be offered in cooperation with surrounding district based on past performance of classes held.
6. Creates all marketing materials, including class descriptions for the website and printed catalog.
1. Community Education Director Licensure or willingness to obtain licensure 2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Community Education, Education, Youth Development, Early Childhood Licensure, or related field preferred.
Please complete an employment application on-line at www.cps.k12.mn.us and include a resume, application letter, copy of license, and three letters of recommendation. Contact Superintendent Craig Ihrke at 507-725-3389 or email email@example.com with questions about the position. Application deadline is April 30, 2019.