Adult Basic Education (ABE) Summer Position Available!
Class: Introduction to Healthcare ABE Teacher
Contact: Tracie Kreighbaum
952-232-2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When? SUMMER June 6- July 15
Hours a week: 4.5 hrs/day, 9 hrs/ week
Qualifications: MN Teacher License, 1 year teaching adults preferred
Introduction to Healthcare Careers Course
Summary: The teacher provides instruction addressing the material that is covered on the MN Department of Human Services Personal Care Assistant Certificate test, as well as introduces students to local career opportunities in high demand healthcare fields. Students may be English language learners who test at a minimum proficiency level sufficient for the course material.
Eligible ABE students are 17 and older, not enrolled in school, and lack a secondary (high school) credential or function below the 12th grade level in any of the basic academic areas including reading, math, and ability to read, write and understand English.
Duties include delivering lessons, monitoring and assessing student progress on an ongoing basis, participating in the intake process as requested, creating Individual Learning Plans with students, and collecting, recording and reporting all necessary information related to students in a timely manner.
Requirements of Position:
• A valid and current State of Minnesota teaching license.
• Experience working with adults.
Essential Job Function:
• Teach material that is covered on the MN Department of Human Services Personal Care Certification exam (full curriculum is already created and available- all learning activities ready to be implemented!).
• Plans to aid students in developing skills and confidence in basic academic areas.
• Integrate computer-aided instruction into lessons as appropriate.
• Monitor and assess students’ progress on a regular basis.
• Collect, record and report all necessary information related to students
in a timely manner.
• Actively participate in planning to assure participants’ needs are being
• Experience working with adult learners
• Good computer skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively with others
• Energy, enthusiasm and friendly!