Lifetime Achievement Award
The MCEA Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an individual with 20+ years of leadership in the field of Community Education who has made exemplary contributions to advance the goals and principles of Community Education locally and throughout Minnesota.
Nominations must include one (1) completed nomination form and up to three (3) letters of support addressing the candidate’s accomplishments in these areas locally and statewide:
- Professional Achievements
- Leadership Qualities.
- Efforts to Foster Collaboration and maximize resources
- Involvement in Local and Statewide Initiatives
- Lasting Impact on the Field of Community Education
Send or email completed nomination form and letters of support, no later than Dec. 10 to:
MCEA Board of Directors
c/o Lifetime Achievement Award
29330 Olinda Trail
Lindstrom, MN 55045
or to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to indicate the candidate’s name on any letters arriving under separate cover.
Click here for Lifetime Achievement Award Application
Past Recipients include:
1997 Jerry Hughes
1998 Verne M. Melberg, St. Paul
1999 No Award given
2000 Jim Stewart
2001 Marilyn Kerns
2002 Thomas Fish
2003 Dennis L. Carlson
2004 Bridget Gothberg
2005 No Award Given
2006 Dr. William Woods
2007 No Award Given
2008 Nancy Delin & Paul Boranian
2009 Don Kramlinger & Doug Spray
2010 Chuck Klaassen
2011 Mike Looby
2012 Marcia Provencher & Tom McMullen
2013 Duane Gates
2014 Hannah Puczko
2015 Ted Peterson & Tom Holton
2016 Sally Latimer & Harry Weilage
2017 Mary Hughes & Steve Kerr
2018 Pat Thomas & Heidi Cunningham
2019 Katie Williams & Steve Brisendine
2020 No Award Given
Regional Community Educators of Excellence
MCEA recognizes, thanks and celebrates the outstanding contributions made by practitioners and supporters of community education from across Minnesota. Nominees represent the best of the best: persons committed to working together, creating opportunities, persisting through challenges and partnering with others.
- Nominee must be a practicing Community Educator and a member of MCEA.
- Nominees must have demonstrated professional and organizational leadership within their MCEA region.
- Nominees must have provided service to MCEA through their active participation in an MCEA district, regional and state organizational and/or leadership functions and activities.
- Nominees must have demonstrated active involvement in educational and community affairs.
- Nominee must be regarded as a role model by MCEA colleagues.
Regional Community Educators of Excellence nominations should be sent to your MCEA Region Representative prior to Sept. 1.
Click here to nominate someone.
2020 Award Winners
Region 1 – Sandy Pierson, GFW
Region 2 – Audra Nissen-Boyer, Mankaot
Region 3 – Tiffany Clifton, Orono **
Region 4 – Bob Greeley, Shakopee
Region 5 – Brianna Ostoff, Farmington**
Region 6 – Noella Fath-Cutter, Anoka-Hennepin
Region 7 – Jill Dickinson, Park Rapids
Region 8 – Melanie DeBay, Itasca Area
Region 9 – Bob Sumner, Milaca
**Tiffany Clifton and Brianna Ostoff were also named the State Community Educator of Excellence
Project Award Recipients
Presented to outstanding projects that have exemplified the concept of Community Education. A project is either a one-time event or an ongoing activity that is associated with a Community Education program. A member of the Board of Directors will present project Awards, at a local school board or advisory council meeting. This creates an opportunity for our members to receive local attention, while providing MCEA the ability to present itself as a statewide organization.
The Awards Committee will be judging your nomination using the following criteria:
- Cooperation and Teamwork (among people, agencies, institutions and /or organizations)
- Use of Resources (include people, facilities, funding)
- Achievement (illustrate the principles of Community Education)
- Community Impact (how is the community better because of this project?)
Project Award nominations should be to the MCEA Office no later than Aug. 30.
Click here for Project Award Application.