Category: Community Education/Enrichment Instructor - Adult
Date Posted: 3/13/2017
Location: Community Education
Date of Availability: As Agreed Upon
Date Closing: 03/24/2017
Community Education - Adult Enrichment/Adults with Disabilities Coordinator
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Hours: 8 hrs/day, 5 days/week, 12 months/yr, 8:00 - 4:30, some evenings & weekends required
Location: Community Education Department
Beginning: As Agreed Upon
Rate of Pay: Per Contract
Deadline to Apply: March 24, 2017
1. Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates programs/service/workshops/committees including gathering materials and curriculum, developing goals and objectives, purchasing equipment and supplies, and monitoring program progress and effectiveness.
2. Recruits, selects, and assigns staff to departmental programs and services; supervises, trains, and evaluates staff in departmental methods and practices; responds to staff questions, problems, and concerns.
3. Prepares program budgets; monitors expenditures and allocations; recommends departmental purchases; and, assists in writing and implementing grant proposals for additional sources of funding.
4. Plans and coordinates special events, trips, and tours including scheduling dates, times and funding; assigns staff to events and ensures participants are properly notified.
5. Keeps informed of new practices and innovations by attending seminars/workshops/conferences and reading periodicals; recommends new programs and /or services.
6. Assists in reviewing, modifying, developing, and implementing departmental policies, procedures, and standards; assists superior in ensuring programs comply with state and federal rules and regulations.
7. Promotes departmental programs and services; coordinates the preparation of printed media; collects, develops, and proofreads copy; maintains mailing lists to ensure thorough and accurate distribution.
8. Serves as liaison between department and community agencies and representatives.
9. Performs related duties as assigned by the Community Education Director or apparent.
• BS/BA preferred
• Strong communication skills • Grant writing experience
• Experience programming for adults and adults with disabilities
• Experience in program development and marketing
• Strong team player
• Proficient in Microsoft office products
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants interested in this position must complete an application on-line by visiting our district website at www.bhmschools.org. Use the link to JOB OPPORTUNITIES > CURRENT OPENINGS & ONLINE APPLICATION > VIEW OUR OPEN POSITIONS (if you've never applied in our district before) or CONTINUE/MODIFY MY APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT (to log back in and update your application if you have previously applied - contact tech support or call 763-682-8712 if you need the e-mail or password you used when you last applied).
When completing your application, please be sure to upload a 300 dpi or smaller, black/white copy in either .pdf or .doc (Word) copy of your:
- Cover letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- All transcripts
DIRECTIONS FOR UPLOADING DOCUMENTS
If scanning your documents, please scan at no larger than 300 dpi and black/white
. This will ensure the file size is small enough to upload.
If you have any trouble uploading your documents, we recommend talking to your college tech department for assistance with scanning/uploading documents (if you are still in college), or go to your local office supply store (or an acquaintance that has scanning capabilities) and ask that they scan and save these documents at 300 dpi, black/white and as a .pdf file. PDF
files are the preferred way to save due to size limitations of other file types. (For example, .tiff, and .jpeg files types often do NOT
work well with our system. Using .pdf
will ensure your files upload with no problems.). Once your documents have been successfully scanned and saved as .pdf
files, you can then return to your application pages and upload them directly to your file. They will be immediately attached and available to view by the hiring supervisor. The cost of scanning and saving these files should be no more than the cost of postage you might spend to mail these documents to us and the process will be much, much faster and more secure for you.
If you are still unable to scan and/or save your documents as .pdf
files, please contact AppliTrack for tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please allow 1-2 days for a reply.
Thank you.Human Resources