Youth Enrichment/Youth Development Coordinator (0.5 FTE)
Willmar Public Schools
Under the direction of the Community Education Director, the Youth Enrichment/Youth Development Coordinator is responsible planning, organizing and implementing youth enrichment class, activities, programs, and events. These opportunities may also help develop leadership skills among youth, as well as strengthen and support academic, social, and wellness objectives.
Essential Duties include:
· Planning, creating, and implementing youth enrichment/youth development programming in the areas of STEM, art, theatre, music, science, math, fitness and/or other after school, evening, or weekend enrichment activities.
· Using a variety of methods, promoting and informing the public regarding youth enrichment/youth development programming.
· Overseeing the detailed work of compliance, budgets, and record keeping within the associated programs.
· Researching other school districts for program ideas, cost comparisons, and possible partnerships.
· Performing other duties of a comparable level or type, as required, including help with special events.
Essential Skills Required:
· Applying supervisory theories and practices in delegating, monitoring, evaluating and training youth enrichment/youth development program personnel.
· Planning, implementing, coordinating and arranging for youth enrichment and youth development activities and programs.
· Prioritizing, organizing and managing time and project activities.
· Applying public relation theories and techniques in promoting, advertising and informing the community of programs and services.
· Applying judgment and discretion in handling problems and issues in accordance with the policies and procedures of the District, grants and the department.
· Using computers and related software applications and general office equipment, e.g., copiers, facsimiles and phones.
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
A bachelor’s degree (will accept relevant experience in exchange for two years of college)
Valid MN Driver’s License or evidence of equivalent mobility
Deadline: Friday, October 19th.