School Aged Childcare – Lead Instructor
We are looking for a Lead instructor to work in our School Age Care Program which is located in each District 200 elementary building. The Program Leads plan and carry out a daily program designed to meet the developmental needs of all youth participants.
Hours: This is a year round position. The school day hours are a split shift covering before and after school hours. ( 6.5 hrs/day ) Summer hours are 6.5-8.0 hrs/day. In addition there are regularly scheduled staff meetings that occur during non-program hours.
– Maintain a safe environment at the site
– Establish a warm caring environment through the use of age appropriate positive guidance
– Plan and implement age appropriate curriculum
– Establish positive and friendly relationships with all families
– Supervise and evaluate program assistants
– Degree in Child Development or a related field
– Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
– Ability to communicate with students, families, co-workers and supervisors in a positive way
– Current First Aide and CPR certification
– Previous leadership experience in a school age care setting
Primary Location -Community Education
Salary Range – Hourly
Shift Type – Part-Time