Osseo Area Schools – Kidstop Positions
3 Full-time Lead Instructor Positions starting on July 1, 2018 (straight 8 hour shift for the summer)
Oak View Kidstop
Hours: Full Time: 6:15am-10:15am & 2:15pm-6:15pm (Split Shift for the school year)
General Purpose of Job: To be responsible for providing on-site leadership and work direction for the Kidstop and Four Star Express programs.
- Communicates with families, students, and school district staff in an accurate, friendly, and timely manner through multiple methods.
- Informs stakeholders around program updates and deadlines to ensure seamless participation in the program.
- Communicates and coordinates with several internal and external partners to ensure a quality program.
- Builds respectful relationships with children, families, community partners, and district staff.
- Works to support all out of school time activities on site.
- Greet the parents and the children.
- Work with and support all children in the program.
- Communicates and puts in writing accidents or incidents concerning children or staff to appropriate supervisor or parents.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of children and families.
- Implements District, building/school, and program policies and procedures.
- Creates and maintains a safe and welcoming environment that supports and serves the needs of children and families.
- Appreciates and supports the development of individual attributes in children served in the program.
- Ensures safety of all program participants, serves as incident commander.
- Provides overall daily direction of program.
- Maintains the appearance and cleanliness of program space, and makes physical changes as necessary to meet the needs of participants.
- Attends all required Lead Instructor meetings.
- Provides positive and corrective feedback and alternatives for action.
- Assess and utilize team members’ areas of expertise to provide for optimum outcomes.
- Works collaboratively to plan and implement age-appropriate, fun, enriching, and hands on experiences for youth.
- Works collaboratively to support the social, physical, emotional and cognitive development of each child.
- Serves as community education liaison at building and district levels.
- Develops and supports enrichment opportunities for youth.
- Advocates and supports overall program quality improvement goals and procedures.
- Participate in activities with students, and lead small group activities.
- Provides accommodations to programming to meet the needs of all students, including those identified with special needs.
- Implements and maintains fidelity to any and all quality improvements measures as defined by Program
- Managers or Coordinator.
- Works as a team member to insure all staff are successfully and the mission of the District is met.
- Serves as a positive representative of the overall Kidstop program and all Out of School Time Programs.
- Honors all children, families, and staff.
- Mindful of his/her words and actions and does not allow negative emotions to affect others.
- Supports program manager in consistent delivery of programs and services.
- Problems solve, collaborate, and communicate on site issues and needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with other Out of School time staff (instructors, etc.) to ensure a safe, secure, welcoming, and supportive environment.
- Completes the number of hours of in-service training as defined for this position.
- Builds trusting relationships with all children, family, and staff.
- Serves as a positive role model to all children, families, and staff displaying several positive attributes of which some are: creative thinker, problem solver, being a learner, accepting responsibility, and being upbeat and positive.
- Welcomes diversity in thinking, culture, and perspective without judgment.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Program Manager, Program Coordinator, or Site Leadership.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of employment.
- Must have an AA degree or two years of relevant post-secondary education (Youth Work, Education, Social
- Work, Etc…). Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Education or related field with at least one year previous experience.
- Must meet requirements of State of Minnesota School Age Childcare Program Standards including a minimum of 120 hours of training in child development, guidance, and/or recreational coursework.
- Must have 2,080 hours experience working with children in grades K-8 in a childcare program setting.
- Current First Aid and CPR training within 90 days of employment.
Job Type: Full-time, Year round
Bargaining Unit: Kidstop Instructors
Salary Range: Per Contract