Kids Club Paraprofessional
South Washington County Schools (ISD 833
Category: Community Education ~ Supervisory
Job Title: Kids Club Paraprofessional
Location: Cottage Grove and Woodbury, MN
Schedule: Part-time hours (before and/or after school), with the opportunity to work in other Para
roles in the district to become full-time
Compensation: $13.50-$15.50 per hour
Date Available: 8/28/17
How to Apply:
Please visit our website for a full job description, qualifications and to apply (Job ID 6954). Click here:
ISD 833 Kids Club Paraprofessional – Job 6954
Contact Name: Carol Tobin
Contact Info: 651-425-6612 or email@example.com
Note: We are also accepting applications for Site Supervisor positions (Job ID 6993).
- Looking for enthusiastic, dedicated individuals to help lead Kids Club, the School Age Child Care (SACC) program located in each ISD 833 elementary building.
- This position is responsible for assisting one or more Kids Club (KC) Supervisors in providing instructional and supervisory support to enrolled students.
- This position also assists with prep work for activities, participates in activities and develops positive relationships with children, staff, and parents within the program.
- Kids Club has a variety of hours available:
- School Year: Kids Club Paraprofessionals are scheduled part-time hours (usually 1-3 hour shifts) during the before & after school hours.
- Note: You may be able to secure other district Paraprofessional positions to gain full-time status (FT status is achieved when working 30+ hours per week in a Para role.)
- Non-School Days: School year Kids Club Paraprofessionals are required to work on Non-School Days; hours will vary (typically half-day afternoon shifts).
- Summer: Kids Club Paraprofessionals have the opportunity to work during the summer months; hours range from 4-8 hours per day.
- The starting wage is $15 per hour, with an increase to $15.00 per hour if you meet the criteria of ‘Highly Qualified.’ Benefits are available to staff working 25 or more hours per week.
- We also have sub positions available; compensation if $13.50 per hour for those working in a sub-only capacity.
Primary Job Functions:
- Facilitate and assist Kids Club (KC) Supervisors with the implementation of lesson plans as outline in state and program guidelines including physical activity, the arts, literacy, STEM, cultural/language, life skills, and social emotional learning. Independently and actively lead and participate in all program activities and in all program events.
- Work with team to develop the mental, physical, social and emotional abilities of all children. Promptly address any student needs, intervening with positive behavior intervention strategies and inform KC Supervisor of any observations regarding difficulties in adjustment, learning, social interaction, behavior, and/or the physical functioning of individual children. All staff are expected to work with all students and meet the diverse needs of our students and families.
- Support and maintain the safety and security of the children in the School Age Child Care Program and other Out-of-School Time (OST) programs. Accountable for regular, timely and accurate attendance counts and continual monitoring of the environment to ensure safe, completing all necessary documentation.
- Model appropriate behavior, and implement program strategies to guide children in developing positive social relationships,. Intervene, as appropriate, using strategies such as peer mediation, conflict resolution, problem solving, and/or other behavioral management techniques such as Social Emotional Learning strategies and Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies.
- Comply with district and KC policies and procedures, including but not limited to: emergency procedures, building orientation and practices, confidentiality, student vulnerability, reporting (including injuries, behavioral issues and suspected abuse and neglect), classroom management and inclusion practices. Actively support reasonable accommodations as established by the program.
- Prepare equipment and materials for activities and arrange the program areas as necessary. This includes set-up and clean-up of the supplies, equipment and program areas, as well as the preparation and serving of meals and snacks gaining support of the students to do these tasks as appropriate. Notify Site Supervisor about equipment that needs repair or replacement, or supplies that need purchasing.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families and staff.
- Participate in staff development activities, and site and staff meetings, as required.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, respect and equity for all students, staff and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
Qualifications – Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to meet District 833’s Highly Qualified requirements.
- Competencies as required by State of Minnesota, Federal government, and/or District 833.
- Proven teamwork, confidentiality, professionalism and communication skills.
- Proven ability to provide services to students as directed by supervisor in a manner that demonstrates a positive respect for the dignity and basic rights of children. Accepts work direction willingly and shifts work assignments and/or accepts new job responsibilities as needed.
- Models appropriate behavior, near appearance, and proper grammar usage for all students. Helps provide a positive learning environment.
- Actively participates in district-sponsored training when offered.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, Microsoft Word and navigating on the internet.
- Ability to pass Paraprofessional fitness for duty tests.
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
Qualifications – Desired:
- Trained in and experience utilizing behavioral management techniques.
- First Aid and CPR certified (current, or within 3 months of hire).
- Sixty hours of relevant training in childcare.
- 1040hours of previous experience working with children or in a childcare setting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic academics and behavior characteristics of elementary students.