Kid Connection/Stepping Stones Program Coordinator JobID: 4983
Position Type: Administration
Date Posted: 7/12/2017
Location: Community Education
Closing Date: until filled
Description: The Kid Connection and Stepping Stones program Coordinator, provides overall leadership and administration of extended day programming offered year round. This includes Kid Connection K-5 school age care program and Stepping Stones, a preschool with wrap around care. Manages the implementation of Out of School Time collaborations.
- In collaboration with the Director of Community Education, develop a vision, strategic plan, set goals and objectives for the programs that support accreditation and the department/district strategic plan.
- Determine staffing needs, recruit, select, train, supervise and evaluate program staff in collaboration with Site Supervisors.
- Maintain student, staff and accreditation records including certifications and professional development.
- Supervise programs in accordance with state statutes and provide information and data for the various projects including the Community Education state report.
- Is on-call evenings and weekends to address program, staff and customer issues. This includes direct involvement when it is necessary to modify the normal schedule because of inclement weather or other reasons.
- Develop and manage the program budgets including the Children with Disabilities Local Levy Aid.
- Create, update and monitor program listings on the department website and registration system.
- Analyze data and report on department program trends and marketing data. Provide recommendations based on data analysis.
- BA/BS degree in education, child development or related field.
- E-5 teaching experience preferred.
- Three to five years of leadership experience in school age care, preschool and enrichment including staff supervision and evaluation.
- Training and experience in marketing, accreditation and assessment.
- Experience providing high quality customer service through listening and problem solving.
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Demonstrates training and experience in group facilitation and conflict resolution.
- Proficient using Windows, Apple and Google computer operating systems as well as software systems such as word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, Outlook email, calendar etc.
This position is 40 hours per week, 260 days per year with competitive salary and benefits.
Application Procedure: Applicants please apply online.
Application deadline: 3:00 pm July 28th, 201