- Assistant Site Supervisor for Explorers Club at Groveland, 35 hours per week
35 hours per week at Groveland
Monday-Friday from 6:30-9:00 a.m. and 1:30-6:00 p.m.
Schedule on non-school days may vary.
Benefit eligible position
Minimum starting salary: $16.92 per hour plus additional 55 cents per hour for split shift.
Primary Objective or Position: To help the Site Supervisor to plan and implement, all teaching aspects of the daily Explorers Club program including curriculum; student, staff, and volunteer supervision; parent communications; child guidance; environmental safety; as well as minimal administrative responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain a safe, healthy environment for children.
- Develop an environment that allows children to assume responsibility for mastering human interactions, making choices, respecting the rights of others, and participating successfully in groups.
- Direct staff in performing a daily routine.
- Design and maintain a physical environment which can meet a wide range of interest and developmental levels.
- Help develop an effective, enriching curriculum.
- Establish effective communications with staff, parents, school personnel, and the extended community.
- Participate in staff development, training, and evaluations.
- Maintain program discipline standards to ensure student safety and proper functioning of the program. Observe and modify student behavior.
- Spend approximately 95% of their time directly working with the children.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in education, child development, or a related field.
- Evidence of successful experience in a childcare or educational setting.
- Evidence of successful experience in program leadership.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven record of punctuality and responsibility.
- Strong communication skills and positive interpersonal skills (relate well to children and adults) as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.