POSITION: Early Childhood Site/Screening Coordinator
Tier III, School Year
BUILDING: District Program Center
SALARY: $64,231 – $68,172 and a competitive benefit package
This individual supports the Early Childhood Family Services Manager in the functioning of the Early Childhood programming held at the District Program Center as well as oversight for Early Childhood Screening.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinate the District Program Center Early Childhood Site, including daily parent involvement, facility issues, and communication with others in building.
2. Supervise and evaluate classroom settings to assure safe, healthy and age-appropriate, learning rich environments. Recommend classroom and teacher resources and educational materials that need to be ordered.
3. Address daily staff and parent concerns and questions related to all early childhood programming held at the District Program Center.
4. Supervise and evaluate designated early childhood site teachers, paraprofessionals and screening staff.
5. Manage daily staffing and substitute needs for screening, ECFE and Preschool programming.
6. Oversee and process site time off requests and payroll vouchers.
7. Coordinate all aspects of Early Childhood Screening, including: staffing, family scheduling, referrals, tracking data and establishing systems for State reporting purposes and ensuring mandates are followed.
8. Assist in interviewing and hiring of staff.
9. Provide orientation and support for new staff, including collaborating with ATPPS new teacher orientation training.
10. Organize the mentor program for new teachers at the District Program Center.
11. Assist with planning and conducting in-service training for teachers and paraprofessional staff.
12. Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching support for all probationary teachers in developing their instructional practice and ensuring alignment with program curriculum and district expectations.
13. Collaborate with Early Childhood Special Education to support instruction and initiatives that promote high-quality inclusive classroom environments.
14. Assist with the coordination of program planning and evaluation.
15. Coordinate all site-specific volunteers and student teacher placements.
16. Ensure the implementation and utilization of early childhood and parent education curriculum and assessment across the program.
17. Review lesson plans for early childhood and parent education classes on a regular basis, providing teacher feedback regularly.
18. Assist in planning and facilitating monthly teacher meetings.
19. Plan and facilitate staff site and paraprofessional meetings.
20. Meet with the ECFE/SR Advisory Council periodically and assist in coordinating council activities.
21. Participate in Support Team, DMCS and other Community Education meetings.
22. Collaborate with Community Education staff and programs.
23. Keep current in early childhood education, parent education and early childhood screening and maintain the required teacher’s license through workshops, conferences, and readings.
24. Facilitate public relations within the School District and community.
25. Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
1. Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field.
2. Minnesota teaching license in Pre-Kindergarten, Early Childhood Family Education or Family Education
5. Teaching experience in an Early Childhood program.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Ability to work well with birth to pre-kindergarten children, families, and staff.
9. Excellent understanding of early childhood and parent education curriculum methods and materials.
10. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to perform computer functions, including the use of email, Microsoft Word and data bases.
Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
Leadership skills and the ability to initiate effective systems.
Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
Licensed in both Parent Education and Early Childhood
Experience in program management and development.
Experience with Early Childhood Screening or Early Childhood Special Education
ANTICIPATED START DATE: To be determined (ASAP) .
POSTING ENDS: August 22, 2018
Please complete on District website at www.sowashco.org
Job ID 7989
· Letter of Application citing qualifications and reasons for interest in the position
· Current Resume
· Completed District 833 Misc. Support Application, available on the SWCS website
· Three recent letters of professional reference
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER