Early Childhood Parent Educator Teachers – South Washington County Schools
Various Buildings (Central Park Woodbury, Valley Crossing, Woodbury and DPC Cottage Grove)
Start Date: ASAP
Competitive compensation to be discussed upon time of offer
Required: Current appropriate MN Parent Educator License
Develop and implement school readiness activities in cooperation with other team members for School Readiness classes
Primary Job Functions:
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate school readiness lessons for the classroom.
- Plan and implement curriculum based on School Readiness Standards and district provided curriculum.
- Conduct student observations and assessments.
- Assist in planning and supervising field trips and special events when needed.
- Cooperatively team with additional teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Plan family-focused curriculum with team members.
- Maintain a stimulating, healthy, and clean classroom environment which promotes student learning.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with parents, children, support staff, and the site administrator.
- Provide daily guidance and direction to paraprofessionals by communicating duties verbally and in writing, and by posting duties in the classroom.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment and process requests with the site administrator and support staff.
- Instruct assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
- Perform evaluation of the classes and activities with other staff members and parents.
- Participate in program development and evaluation as requested.
- Attend staff and site meetings as required.
- Assist in the identification, referral and instruction of children with special needs.
- Keep informed of current trends in the School Readiness/Early Learning field through in-service training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume