Category: Minneapolis Kids School-Age Care
Job Title: Child Care Assistant
Location: Positions available at multiple Minneapolis Elementary Schools
Hours: Vary depending on location and may be before school, after school, or split shifts and Non-School Days.
Minneapolis Kids provides high quality child care for youth in grades kindergarten through sixth grade. Ideal candidates are enthusiastic and friendly people with experience working in school-age care. You will work actively and directly with youth in large and small groups. You must be flexible and a team player.
· Assist co-workers and Program Coordinator to offer a safe, nurturing, educational and recreational experience where youth are encouraged to pursue interests, develop friendships, independence, and confidence
· Assist school-age youth in learning and recreational activities; reinforce positive behavior, provide individual assistance, encourage socialization and good communication
· Monitor youth’s activities, promote respect, explain social norms and disciplinary consequences, and enforce District policies and rules of conduct.
· Assist co-workers and Program Coordinator in delivering staff led and youth led activities; assist with attendance, behavior management, and school-age environment preparation and setup.
· Maintain inventory of meals and snacks and classroom supplies. Communicate needs to the Program Coordinator
· Attend and participate in Professional Development opportunities
· Provide customer service to parents and guardians, answer questions, and explain school and program rules.
High School Diploma or GED.
Hourly Wage is $15.00/hour with step increases.
How to Apply:
Visit Minneapolis Public Schools Careers Page and Search Minneapolis Kids to view all of our open positions or visit the link below to be directed to our Child Care Assistant candidate Pool: https://jobs.mpls.k12.mn.us/job/Minneapolis-Minneapolis-Kids-Child-Care-Assistant-2018-19-Candidate-Pool-MN-55401/494316100/
For more information, contact Lindsay.Anderson@mpls.k12.mn.us : 612-6683885