- Position Type:
Administration/Community Education Coordinator
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled.
NOTICE OF POSITION OPENING
COMMUNITY EDUCATION COORDINATOR – EAGLE ZONE
Eden Prairie School District is seeking applicants to serve as the Community Education Coordinator – Eagle Zone. The Community Education Coordinator will support the mission of Eden Prairie Schools and will provide the vision and direct supervision of the Eagle Zone School Age Care Program in Eden Prairie. This person will work in cooperation and collaboration with the Community Education leadership team, district building principals, and the offices of Student Services and Personalized Learning. This person will directly supervise school site managers who will propose and facilitate other programs and services that meet the needs of the school community at each school site by working closely with the school leadership.
Eden Prairie is a school district with 1,400 employees serving approximately 9,000 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
Please review the attached job description to learn more about this position. Applications are due by midnight October 27, 2017, but application review will begin immediately.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s and/or Community Education licensure in Community Education or related field preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Knowledge of program mission, philosophy, guidelines and expectations
- Knowledge and experience working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a cordial and polite manner in difficult or stressful situations with families, staff, EC-12 professionals, volunteers and others
- Knowledge of and ability to use technology and programs commensurate with position responsibilities.
- Knowledge and experience with staff supervision, operations, and organizational strategies
- Ability to work independently and to anticipate, assess and adapt to change through innovation and continuous quality improvement
- Ability to develop an effective staff team, motivate staff and delegate work appropriate to the interests and capabilities of staff
- Experience in School Age Care Programs including knowledge of MAAP accreditation