- Position Type: Professional (non-union)/Adventure Connection Site Manager
- Date Posted: 8/1/2017
- Location: Carver Elementary
Position: Adventure Connection School-Age Care Site Manager – 12 month
Closing Date: when filled
Location: Carver Elementary
Date Available: August 28, 2017
Work Year: 12 month position, 261 days
Hours: 8 hours/day
School Year: Split Shift – Monday through Friday (7:00am-12:30pm & 3:00-6:00pm)
Summer: Straight 8 hour Shift – Monday through Friday
Pay Rate: Competitive pay, DOQ
Benefits: Outstanding package! Health, Vision, Life, Disability, Legal and Dental Insurance; Vacation and Sick Time per the Non-Unit Contract.
To coordinate and manage the implementation of an out of school time program by providing supervised activities that are appropriate for the social, emotional, intellectual, nutritional and physical growth of school age children. Communicate, provide leadership and work cooperatively with staff, school personnel and parents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Recreation, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience to total four years.
- Experience working with school age children (grades K-5).
- Experience managing and supervising adult staff.
- Ability to be well organized, handle a variety of tasks and manage details.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing, planning and implementing programming for school age children.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Coordinate the design and implementation of appropriate curriculum for school age children.
- Facilitate and maintain an appropriate environment for children.
- Understand and implement district and program guidelines.
- Interview, train, supervise and evaluate program assistants, childcare assistants, enrichment instructors and volunteers.
- Manage the completion of all necessary records and forms for participants, parents, staff and school district.
- Participate in staff development activities, staff meetings, advisory committees and other related meetings.
- Work closely with special education and other school district staff to meet the individual and special needs of all participants.
- Develop regular, ongoing communication internally with staff and externally with parents and school personnel.
- Purchase materials for individual site within established budget and recommend additional purchases for overall program.
- Work cooperatively with community agencies to enhance the program.
- Aid in coordination of providing snacks and necessary facilities for the program.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures and information materials.
- Support the total program as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply on-line at www.isd622.org click on Human Resources and Employment Opportunities.