Adult and Community Program Coordinator – JobID: 4982
Position Type: Administration
Date Posted: 7/10/2017
Location: Community Education
Closing Date: until filled
Description: The Adult and Community Program Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, managing and evaluating adult enrichment programs, community programs and events. This position provides technology support within the department, program data analysis and researches grant opportunities.
- Continually research new program ideas, based on community needs and trends.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate instructors.
- Develop partnerships with multiple organizations, school districts and community members to provide quality community programs and events including Farmington Expo, Halloween Walk, Speaking of Kids, Farmington
- Area Community Garden and other identified programs.
- Oversee independent contractors and grantees, negotiate contracts for the delivery of programs and services.
- Maintain student, staff and independent contract records including certifications, liability insurance and background checks.
- Is on-call evenings and weekends to address program, staff and customer issues. This includes direct involvement when it is necessary to modify the normal schedule as a result of inclement weather or other reasons.
- Technology duties include troubleshooting equipment and software, working with district technology department to maintain and order needed equipment, managing an equipment / software data base and offering training opportunities for staff at Community Education.
- BA/BS degree preferred in education, recreation or related field
- Experience supervising programs and staff
- Training and experience in marketing
- Experience providing high quality customer service through listening and problem solving
- Proficient using Windows, Apple and Google computer operating systems as well as software systems such as word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, Outlook email, calendar etc.
This position is 40 hours per week, 240 days per year with competitive salary and benefits.
Application Procedure: Applicants please apply online.
Application deadline: Open until filled.