Administrative Assistant IV – Community Education Director JobID: 2197 Apply here
Open until filled
Administrative Assistant to Community Education Director
Class IV – $20.16 – $21.75/hour per 2015-2017 Administrative Assistants Contract
Community Education Director
Fulltime 8 hours per day: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm M-F
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years of previous clerical experience The ability to perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, copying, maintaining routine records, and answering the phone.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment and computer software programs such as
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Mail, Google Docs and Eleyo
- Ability to apply correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate math skills in performing daily routines (i.e. percent, ratios, basic math, etc.)
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees at all levels in the organization as with people outside the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to have and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous, business-like manner with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize office tasks to support the school and fulfill job responsibilities
Other Skills and Abilities:
- General office working conditions, sitting, using close vision, walking, and talking; frequently using keyboard to input information into computer, reaching with arms and hands; presenting information to students.
- Ability to maintain professional composure at all times.
- Proven ability to show initiative and function as a self-starter.
- Spanish speaking preferred (not required)
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
- Guidance office position
- Occasional need to respond to emergency situations requiring staff, police, fire, and/or medical assistance.
- Manages facility use and reservations for the District.
- Provides administrative support for Community Education Director and all Community Education programs including: registration, financial billing, and deposits and refunds.
- Performs clerical duties for the Director and the CE department, such as typing and distribution of correspondence, forms, and surveys, and reports, answering phones and questions related to community education, greeting and directing visitors, filing, copying, processing mail, scheduling appointments, organizing department information and providing summer time Preschool and General Education student enrollment information to parents and students.
- Assists in preparation of quarterly community education course catalog, newsletters, fliers, and publications and constant contacts.
- Registers adult and youth participants in community education classes and maintains database. Process credit card authorizations and deposits. Makes bank deposits. Notify adult and youth participants of class cancellations, postponements, and location or schedule changes.
- Prepares monthly budget reports for each coordinator using District finance system
- Prepares billings, refunds, deposits, class lists, signs, and handouts.
- Prepares vendor payments for Director’s signature
- Maintain department files and supplies.
- Maintains an accurate database of information for the TriDistrict CE advisory council. Completes and distributes correspondence, agendas and meeting minutes for two council meetings each year.
- Assist with information to facilitate the distribution of community flyers i.e.; providing classroom numbers in elementary buildings, or email links for Elementary and Middle School electronic flyer distribution.
- Assist in preparation of presentations with use of PowerPoint.
- Manages facility use and reservations for the district, both internal and external user groups. Collaborates with
- Activities and Athletics to maintain accurate scheduling. Creates and process invoices for renting groups.
- Assist with Driver’s Education registration and is knowledgeable of relevant state laws.
- Assists with Early Childhood and K-12 enrollment.
- Assists with Early Childhood Screening data entry
- Assists with Human Resources filing as needed.
- Performs other general clerical duties to accomplish the objectives of the community education department and human resources as needed or assigned.
To be considered for this position, please apply on-line at: http://www.applitrack.com/isd197/onlineapp/default.aspx
Positions will remain open until filled.